Thursday, January 1, 2009

Kale is five!




I'm having a really hard time wrapping my mind around the idea that my baby is five years old! It's less about him being that old, and more about me being at this stage of parenting. I'm going to have to be the responsible adult now. Get him to and from school, pack lunches, help him with homework, etc etc. Maybe its too early for me to worry about all this stuff, that I should wait until September, but it has really been on my mind. I remember so well MY parents when I was just five/six years old, and its hard to accept that that is who I am now.
Kale's birthday was great! We had a teeny tiny party the day before his birthday, with just our family, cake, and a few presents. On Monday, his actual birthday, we took him (and Jack and Luke) to a movie, and his very favorite restaurant. It was a very last minute decision, and I'm so glad we did!

3 comments:

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

That pic is so cute with his face all screwed up for a birthday wish! I still remember when you were pregnant with him. You're right, it doesn't seem possible!

Jeannie said...

Where did you end up eating? Noodles express?

Amy, Mike and our Girls said...

I love the cake. I don't like that Kale is 5 b/c that means Taylor will be 5 soon. Yikes! Did I tell you that I found the perfect christmas story for your family. Well, mostly perfect for Mark. It is called a Pirate's Night Before Christmas. I saw it at the library and checked it out. I laughed and laughed reading it and automatically thought about Mark's love for pirates. I will keep my eye out for it!