Sunday, August 22, 2010

The 'Active' One

Jack is almost five and thinks he's 7, like his big brother. In his eyes there is no difference between them. Jack gets to go to headstart this year, and I am so glad. He really needs to be in a school-like environment. Jack is basically the complete opposite of Kale. Like his dad, Jack has the biggest imagination. You give him a pile of legos and in minutes he is presenting to you a great creation, complete with elaborate description. He LOVES to color and draw, mostly draw. His pictures usually include his family. Jack loves to run and play and be outside, and doesn't have the patience for video games. Jack is my real cuddler. He curls up so well on your lap....and in your bed. He is struggling with wanting to be a big boy, but not quite ready to give up some of the perks of being a little boy. I think its hard because he can see the pros and cons of each in his two brothers, and he just isn't sure where he wants to be. He loves to help me as well, and even though he was the one least-interested in his little sister when we first brought her home, he is the one who gets the most smiles out of her now. And he loves to make her smile. Through Kale he is picking up letters and counting, and begged me all summer to unbox the books from our move. He is the one who makes the biggest noise when I get home from work, never failing to run to me and give me a hug, no matter what he's doing.

No comments: