Sunday, August 22, 2010

The 'Smart' One


The K-man starts 1st grade tomorrow. Wow. I can't believe one of my boys is going to be gone all day. I am so excited for him. He LOVED kindergarten and did so well! There isn't a subject he doesn't have a handle on (if you can call them subjects in kindergarten.) It is so much fun to have a boy this age. He is such a huge help to me around the house, and with his younger brothers and sister. He loves to do chores, and get paid for them. Right now he is saving up for a new Wii game. I love watching my boys get older and seeing their personalities come out. He is just like his mom in the way he gets things done. He has to have instructions, step by step preferably. He loves to follow them, and know he did it right. When it comes to legos he has to have the instruction booklet or else they are just a big pile of stuff. He doesn't enjoy coloring or drawing much, but building things or figuring out how things work is his forte'. He LOVES to dance, and loves to be the boss. He starts soccer for the first time next week. I am a little nervous because he is at least two years behind all the other kids his age, but I am sure he will catch on quick. His favorite thing in the world is playing video games, and second to that is watching his dad play video games. He is really branching out in the food he is willing to eat. He used to be such a picky eater, but now will try things willingly and actually likes them. He is incredibly sensitive and gets his feelings hurt very easily. He wants so badly to make people happy and gets upset when he realizes he has disappointed you. It is so fun to grow with your children, and I am loving this age!

3 comments:

Amy, Mike and our Girls said...

I love the updates on each kid. You captured their uniqueness beautifully. I miss them each so much just reading about them!

Jeannie said...

How can you think of all these things to say about your children. Awesome posts

Jennifer said...

I love the sketches of their different personalities!