Thursday, June 3, 2010

First Tooth Fairy Visit

Mark and the boys spent the week between Christmas and New Years in Montana, while I stayed home alone and worked. When they left Kale's tooth was pretty loose, and every night on the phone I made sure Mark new how upset I would be if he pulled it out while he was in Montana, because I wanted to be there for the experience. So...when they got home I was so glad to see he had no holes in his smile. Then the night they got home, New Year's Eve, while I was at work, I got a picture message from Mark, and this is what I saw when I opened it.....
oh, I was heartbroken! I mean, look at that face!! You can tell he was upset, but trying so hard not to show it, but excited all at the same time, and I wanted to hug him so bad! Kale doesn't do well with pain at all, and I know losing a tooth can sometimes hurt just a little, but for Kale a little is a lot. I found out later that those tears dried on his cheeks weren't from the 'pain' but from the anticipation. He had bitten into an apple and his tooth was basically sticking straight out the front, so he and Mark yanked it out, and the waiting, and having dad's big fingers in his mouth got him a little nervous. But he made a point to tell me that it didn't hurt at all :)

No comments: