Wednesday, June 23, 2010

She's here!

We welcomed Evelyn to our family at 8:09 am on April 28th. This labor was a lot longer than the other three, and, unfortunately lasted all night long :( My doctor this time wanted me to come in at 8 pm on Tuesday night to start labor, expecting that I would sleep all night, wake up in labor, and then labor for a few hours. Well....he should have listened to me because he was wrong. The medication they gave me to trigger labor actually started me contracting right away instead of the 6-8 hours he expected, and I spent the next six hours laying in bed waiting for my water to break. Finally at seven thirty in the morning my doctor came in for rounds, broke my water, and she was ready to come within 20 minutes. Even though I've known since December that she was a girl, I cried when it was official. I think a part of me just wouldn't believe it until I saw it. She was so alert in those first minutes, and when they laid her on my chest I said hello to her, and she turned her head and looked right at me.

She was awake for over an hour, just checking out this great big world. My best friend and sister-in-law was able to be there for the delivery, and was so special to have her there. The following day Mark brought the boys in to meet her, and they were so excited.

They came flying into the room, and Kale wanted to hold her immediately. He got to feed her a bottle, and thought it was so funny when she sucked his fingers.

Luke was a little intimidated by her but once we put her on his lap he was all smiles.

Jack was a little indifferent. He was excited to see her, but not too interested either. It is so much fun to have a little princess in our home!

1 comment:

Amy, Mike and our Girls said...

She is so darling! I love that you cried seeing that she was a girl :)