Saturday, August 16, 2008

Where has the summer gone.....

Here it is, the middle of August!! I have barely accomplished anything I wanted to do this summer, argh! And now, I'm busy busy busier. In one week I am leaving for our vacation to Utah, our one and only, isn't that sad? Last year I made 4 trips to UT in 6 months. I'm way behind. In this one week I have to somehow find the time to work (both jobs) and finish this cross stitch I've been working on for a year and a half. It was suppossed to be a gift for Casey and Jeannie's sealing, but it will be finished, it will IT WILL!! This is what it looks like now....


And this is what it will look like when it's done, all I have left is the tall tree on the right! Then, on the 27th of this month Amanda will FINALLY find out the gender of her little 'bun', and I can finally get started on finishing her baby gift. I've already started, but got haulted when I didn't know what color scheme to go with. So then, after we get back from our trip to Ut/WY, I only have about 2 weeks to get that done before her shower the 20th of September. I really don't consider myself a procrastinator, though it sounds like I am. It's more a timing thing. It just so happened that Amanda's shower is only 3.5 weeks after her ultrasound, it's not my fault, honest. I'm trying my hardest to get what I can finished without knowing if the rest will be pink or blue, but I also HAVE to finish this stitchery by the end of the week. I just won't allow a perfect opportunity for Jeannie to come with me to get it framed slip right by simply cuz I can't find the time to finish it. Also, sometime before school starts we want to squeeze another camping trip in with Dustin and Tammi, but the possibilities are getting bleaker and bleaker. (Does that sound right?)
So, I feel like time is just slipping through my fingers! Kale is about to start his second/last year of preschool, Jack is gonna be 3 in less than a month, and Luke is already in size 2 diapers!!! How on earth did that happen?

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

My summer started slipping away right when it began too. You have such excellent time management skills you won't have a problem! Can't wait to see you! And the stitchery!

Talia said...

The cross-stich you are working on is amazing! I especially love it becuase that flower bed happens to be one I took care of when I worked at Temple Square.

Rob and Amanda said...

I love the stitchery! You have done an amazing job! If you don't get baby's gift done before the shower, I will understand. You will still have 3 months until I have the baby.