Sunday, May 17, 2009

Let's Go Fly a Kite!


Best purchase ever! Two thinkgs I've noticed since we've moved down here: one, there always seems to be a slight breeze, and two, there are a LOT of wide open parks! Knowing this, I had set my heart on getting the boys kites for their Easter baskets. I'm not sure what I was thinking, since all my own memories of kite-flying involve frustration, anger and tears. I did it anyway, and found some kites at Wal-Mart for 99 cents. I laughed to myself, knowing I was getting myself into trouble here, buying cheap kites that I figured would never make it in the air. I WAS WRONG. We went out back one day, and Mark got both kites sky-high, to the very end of their strings. I was in awe! The best thing about them is that they involve no continued work at all! Jack would send his kite up into the sky, and once it reached the very end, he would just run around and play, never letting go. This amazing one dollar kite just sat up there, following him everywhere he went, never crashing, never bombing, just doing exactly what it was supposed to do. It was such a pleasant afternoon laying in the grass and watching the boys run and play!







2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Holy cow they did get up high, didn't they!

Amy, Mike and our Girls said...

I am so glad that you caught up on your blog! I love the kite flying! And I am jealous of the tea party tradition. How fun!