Friday, December 5, 2008

Mom

My adorable little three year old calls me mom. At first, he was calling other people mom, like his friends mothers. I figured they could be mom, as long as I was mommy. But recently, and especially today, he has been calling ME mom. "Good morning, Mom." "I love you, Mom." "I'm playing pic pac toe, mom!" The first few times it was cute, but I don't like it anymore. I knew eventually that they would outgrow the mommy stage, but I didn't think it would happen at 3!!! He and I just had a long discussion this morning about the differences between a baby, and a big boy. We are getting ready to potty train him, and he seems very stuck in the middle. He adamantly protests the idea of him being a baby, but refuses to give up the diapers for some big boy underwear. I pushed and pushed and pushed that he should want to be a big boy now, and not a baby like Lucas, but I didn't realize he would grow up so fast, in just a few hours! Today he's calling me mom, tomorrow he'll be borrowing my car.........slow down kid!

2 comments:

Clayton & Kayley Anderson said...

have you seen the commercial where the baby talks about buying stock and then he spits up? It is so funny to watch babies and little kids act like they're 30 or something. Tell him he can call you mom when he starts wearing big boy underpants. hehe...

Jeannie said...

Don't you mean, wrecking your car? We are talking about Jack Jack here.